How to super-charge the economy

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 13 22:10:23 PST 2001

This was written pre-Sept. 11, but I believe the proposal still has merit. CK

ED TELLS BUSH HOW TO SUPERCHARGE THE U.S.ECONOMY!

Ed Anger "My America" Weekly World News August 14, 2001

I'm madder than a banker with both Rolls-Royces in the shop over how the so-called experts are saying our new President George W. Bush doesn't have the "full support of the American people" or a "mandate to lead."

I know a way for Bush to become the most popular President since Ronald Reagan and at the same time guarantee that the economy will hit an all-time high with just one quick swipe of his official Presidential Pen.

All he has to do is forgive every American's debt.

That's right - give every man, woman and child a clean credit slate. Every debt is dropped, the only exception will be home mortgages.

All the money you owe to anyone else will be forgotten. Every single account you owe money to will have an automatic zero balance.

Your auto loan - gone. Credit-card balances - gone. Finance and layaway charges - kaput.

And you know what would happen if everyone suddenly didn't owe anyone any money? They'd forget all about having voted for Al Gore and jump on the George W. Bush bandwagon. And then they'd go spend-crazy and start buying stuff like it was going out of style.

Folks would start snatching up new cars, refrigerators, sewing machines, dog houses, blenders and everything they can get their hands on.

The lines in front of department stores will be so long you'd think there was a Perry Como concert going on inside.

And you know what this means for factories that make all this valuable merchandise? They'll be working extra hours, giving all the workers one fat raise and promotion after another and probably even building new factories to keep up with all the stuff people will be buying.

The way I see it the only people who will be unhappy with this plan will be those pesky bill collectors who now spend all their time harassing hard-working people - and Al Gore, who figured he'd be running half the country by now.

It sure will be great to see those bill-collecting weasels break down and have to get a real job somewhere - maybe even manufacturing the extra lawn sprinklers and microwave ovens people will be able to buy now.

So jump on the Ed Anger bandwagon and help President Bush get the mandate he deserves. Just call the White House at 1-202-456-1111 and tell President Bush to follow my plan.

Published on: August 14, 2001