Why did ISO hijack Berkley CA Schools Conference?

C P quintanus at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:22:09 PST 2001

a point I
>expressly addressed by conveying my sympathies to Ryan.
He appreciates your *heartfelt* sympathies.

>My point was that "woman" in your remarks was implicitly not black, an
>assumption that I for one do not happen to share. But I do thank you for
>sharing about your friend who does rather than just discusses: no doubt his
>example of not discussing with you is a model for us all to emulate.

Please be my guest and don't discuss with me. Goodbye 'll. My god... I think that this is really mean, disrespectful, and dysfunctional, to say these things all based on a criticism speech pattern of saying 'woman' and then 'black woman'. A couple friends of mine didn't particularly agree with the criticism either, and I don't think I'm going to change my speech very much based on your advice, and either mention race of all or none of the people I describe, instead of when race is an issue, a principle or standard which hardly could be applied to the speech of so-called everyday people. In the past I have responded to quite valid points people have with how half european/half asian people are described by some as 'half asian' as though white is normal and anything else is different, and I even hear people say 'exotic' sometimes, so I changed my speech a few years ago. i don't think there was anything wrong with my story earlier with regards to expressing what I intended to communicate and avoiding racism.