Oil Diplomacy Muddled U.S. Pursuit of bin Laden

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Wed Nov 14 20:58:48 PST 2001

Max S:

>A jaundiced inference
>from this situation is that the U.S. should >have backed down,
>notwithstanding OBL's complicity in >previous attacks. A problem with the
>internal logic of all

Like the US is going to backdown from anything once the cruise missiles start to fly.Put the heat on a survivalist like OBL and he isn't going to backdown either.

Perhaps an implication that puts no words in anyone else's mouth (just mine) would be: if the US national security establishment wants to start a war with OBL and his network, then perhaps it ought to get its collective head out of its collective ass about things like airport security at home. As I said before, too bad most Americans had to find out on 9-11.

Charles Jannuzi