cultural imperialism

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 15 17:50:57 PST 2001

>From: "Nathan Newman" <nathan at newman.org>

Opinions may vary as to whether making shit blow up so cool is a worthy contribution to world culture. But when I think of craftsmanship (since we're on the subject on French cinema), I'm more inclined to think of, say, the obsessive dedication and meticulous skills of Jacques Tati, who spent years on his final masterpiece, Playtime, and went broke in the process.

Carl