Hezbollah and Likud

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Nov 15 11:05:36 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad DeLong" <jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu>

>Seth brought up Likud as another example of a former terrorist
organization
>which morphed into primarily a political party.

-"Peace for Galilee" was an unjust, aggressive war. The massacres in -the Palestinian refugee camps were war crimes. Likud has a war -criminal at its head, and I would not consider it an example of a -"former terrorist organization which morphed into a political party."

I think Seth was going farther back in time, since the Likud is a lineal product of the pre-Israel terrorist groups the Irgun (Begin) and the Stern Gang (Shamir), which were terrorist groups by most definitions.

-- Nathan