Pure Stupidity? Something Else?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 15 11:21:59 PST 2001

Seth Ackerman wrote:

>I brought up the threats against Hezbollah as an example, and the relative
>lack of pressure on Saudi Arabia as a counterexample.

I just recorded an interview with Tariq Ali which I'll run on the radio this afternoon at about 5:00 or 5:20. (On the web: <http://www.wbai.org> or <http://www.2600.com>.) In it, Tariq cites an interview that Paul O'Neill - the ex-FBI agent who investigated al Qaeda and who became chief of WTC security only to die on 9/11 - gave to a French journalist that has just appeared in book form. In it, O'Neill says that every time they followed a trail it always ended in Saudi Arabia, but his superiors overruled him when it came to doing something about it. Anyone know what he's referring to?

Doug