Safire: Seizing Dictatorial Power

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Fri Nov 16 05:34:29 PST 2001

No less than G. Gordon Liddy is criticizing Bush on this too.

I listened to another right-wing nutjob the other night and he was completely over the top re: Bush surrendering to the Russians, the new world order, etc., this on one of our main local stations (of infamous "Clear Channel" connection).

My guess is the rightists need something to attack and the Dems don't provide a big enough target just now. Compared to them, Liddy is Winston Churchill. mbs

This is worth reading. I don't agree with all of it -- for example, his claim that rounding up people based on ethnicity is "borderline tolerable," or his solution for dealing with bin Laden. But this is the strongest statement I've read against Bush's police state polices -- isn't it odd that it come from a right-wing columnist in the New York Times? CK

Published on Thursday, November 15, 2001 in the New York Times

>From the Right
Seizing Dictatorial Power