Suitcase Bombs -- Don't panic

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Nov 16 08:31:39 PST 2001

At 10:18 AM 11/16/01 -0600, Steve Perry wrote:
>don't you think the speculation about nukes has gotten a little
>overheated? it took a big step forward with the retrieval of the papers
>from bin laden's shack, but that was public domain information--it only
>affirmed they're interested in nukes, as we already knew. seems
>agnosticism is the only sensible stance regarding this matter.

my comment was a poke in the ribs. i think the question--as a way of pointing out how silly someone's concerns are--is, itself, silly.

as for the media. i don't know, i haven't been paying much attention to the issue. i forwarded material here a awhile ago about how much damage a low level nuke will do. you're smack dead within a half mile radius. i just laughed at matt "conspiracy theory" hogan's comments because he has a history of forwarding stuff about aliens to the list.

>another point, though: on't you reckon the advance of the n.a. and the
>fallback of the taliban heighten the risk of more attacks on the u.s. in
>the near term? three assumptions here: 1) it's bin laden's holy goal to
>draw the u.s. into as broad a war as possible;

i think ObL likes to boast. i don't think ObL Inc. actually had anything to do with S11.

> 2) bL and al-qaida possess a coherent plan for doing so;

someone group does i'd imagine.

>3) they have something resembling the 'command and control structure' the
>talking heads are always fulminating about. i'm pretty sure of the first
>point, less so of the second, and not at all of the third.

don't really read or watch the talking heads. what exactly are they saying about C&C?

winn's in Australia. I'd pump him for info, otherwise. :)

kelley