Apology

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Nov 16 21:14:53 PST 2001

I needn't have gotten personal with Dennis Breslin. I apologize.

But aside from the uncalled for personal slurs of the post, I think what I was saying is damned important, and that this consistent refusal or inability to recognize the non-existence of "The Left" is one of the main errors made by too many leftists. It represents a significant barrier to our somehow coming together to form, at least embryonically, _A Left_.

Anyone must know, if he/she just stops and thinks, that the variety of opinions among leftists, and the rather huge variety even of "basic principles" (i.e., principles of unity), is such that it really is nonsense to say anything good or bad about "The Left." It doesn't exist.

Carrol