Osama, September 11, London, Illuminati

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sun Nov 18 12:32:03 PST 2001

Hi,

The thing about these ridiculous conspiracy theory questions is that most of them have logical explanations when the pyramid of false assertions are debunked. Brad has pointed one of these out already.

Three of them, just for example.

Question: Why didn't the pilots aim lower?

Answer: Because the towers were surrounded by relatively tall buildings on most sides and a jet airplane is not a helicopter.

Question: How did the fire get so hot that it melted the steel supports?

Answer: The steel didn't melt. All the fire had to do was be hot enough for a long enough period of time to alter the strucural strength of the steel so that it gave way.

Question: Where did all the rubble go?

Answer: Anyone who has ever witnessed a tall building being imploded by a professional demolition crew will have seen exactly the same outcome--a mountain of granulated rubble and tons of dust sent for 20-30 blocks with inches of it in the first few blocks. I saw a large building imploded in Detroit and then walked the area. Same thing as the twin towers.

There are an infinite number of "interesting" questions raised by conspiracist theories. Almost all of them are actually based on false assumptions. All of them are a waste of time.

Capitalism and imperialsim are not secret conspiracies. If you think they are, join a militia list where you can obsess about the Freemasons.

:-)

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad DeLong" <jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Sunday, November 18, 2001 3:04 PM Subject: RE: Osama, September 11, London, Illuminati