Osama, September 11, London, Illuminati

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 00:13:08 PST 2001

Like I said, Hakki's oh-so-critical attitude to imperialism turns out to be just a contemporary version of pro-imperialism. When it comes to Yugoslavia, the West knows best, and no matter how hystrionic, war propaganda takes precedence over real analysis.

Hakki parrots the US propaganda to the effect that only one side in the Yugoslav civil war ever committed any atrocities, and that Bosnia was a multicultural paradise before those evil Serbs wreaked havoc on it.

First off, the referendum on independence was overwhelmingly opposed by one ethnic group in Bosnia, the Bosnian Serbs, who boycotted. Far from being a model of agreement, the ethnic divisions were already pronounced, before the US chose to one-sidedly back the Muslim minority in Bosnia.

Secondly, you can trade atrocities as much as you like, but all sides committed atrocities. That's what a civil war is. Your pathetic attempt to make one side into the 'goodies' and the other the 'baddies' just reveals the poverty of your own moralistic preaching.

Thirdly, as the resolution to the conflict plainly shows - and is ably demonstrated by the man you so outrageously insulted behind his back - 'independent' Bosnia is not independent at all: it is a protectorate ruled by the United Nations High Commissioner, who's constitutional powers are wholly unchecked.

Your oblique reference to the LM-ITN libel trial is particularly foolish, since ITN conceded that the people at the camp they filmed were not imprisoned behind barbed wire as their film appeared to show.

In message <NEBBLFAOEKFDFJCKOHILEEDLCLAA.nucleus at superonline.com>, Hakki Alacakaptan <nucleus at superonline.com> writes
>It would be more accurate to say that after being forced for months to watch
>piss-drunk Serbs murdering Sarajevans and destroying a multiethnic culture
>with great relish, Milos fans are not going to have my sympathy in this
>lifetime. I'm amazed that these guys never have to answer the question:
>Don't the SFOR and the Mujahedeen have just a leedle tiny bit to do with
>the fact that your Chetnik pals were on a bloody rampage? I'm amazed and
>disgusted at how many otherwise intelligent people have been enlisted with
>these delusionary distortions. There are millions of witnesses, thousands of
>mass graves, and these creeps still gibber on about how somebody faked a
>prison camp shot so it's all lies. You want pathetic, that's pathetic, and
>it's fucking criminal too.
>
>Hakki

-- James Heartfield