I Don't Get It

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Nov 19 11:19:45 PST 2001

I Don't Get It

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

>I'm curious about how American leftists reacted to the Vietnamese
>intervention in Cambodia, the Soviet intervention in Afghanistan,
>etc. at the time when they happened.

Dunno about VN in Cambodia, but the only left group in the U.S. to support the Soviet intervention (or invasion, depending on your proclivities) was the Spartacist League. Everyone else was critical. The Sparts have reprinted some of their commentaries from then in an I-told-you-so manner.

Doug

(((((((((

CB: Communist Party USA and Workers' World Party supported with words.

I think Brad Delong , in retrospect, spoke in favor of Soviets on Afghanistan . I don't know if he was joking