Maoist Eberts

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Mon Nov 19 13:59:01 PST 2001

> Doug:

>So, Dennis, do you ever see the MIMsters in Ann Arbor?

Naw -- didn't know this was their base of operations. I've seen more militia types than Maoists, especially since nearby Dexter is (or at least was) the epicenter of the Michigan militia movement. I've twice seen a bumpersticker (both times on a pick-up) that slams Clinton with the "C" shaped like a hammer and sickle, but I suppose that doesn't count.

>Luke:

> They distribute MIM Notes, although I can't recall seeing a copy around
> campus recently.

Go to Liberty Video on Liberty Street -- plenty of MIM notes there, then walk toward Main and peek in the barber shop on the right. This is where I get my hair cut, and it is one of the most rightwing joints I've ever been in, a real manly place complete with Hustler mags in the waiting area! They do a great job for a decent price, but you have to listen to far right diatribes while the boys snip your hair.

DP