FW: Afghan Workers' Solidarity Campaign

John Mage jmage at panix.com
Mon Nov 19 14:36:02 PST 2001

Liza wrote:

> Hey--
>
> I just got this rather surprising communication. Does anyone know anything
> at all about this, and about any of the groups to which it refers? There are
> a number of reasons to be skeptical, clearly, but I'd love to know more.
>
> Liza

> Afghan Workers Solidarity Campaign launched
>
> Become part of the campaign and sponsor it today Labour Party of
> Pakistan in close association with Afghan Labour Revolutionary
> Organization has decided to launch Afghan Workers Solidarity
> Campaign. The idea to start this campaign was discussed during the
<snip>

The Labour Party of Pakistan is: 1.based in the trade union movement; and 2. anti-capitalist. Their webpage: http://www.labour.00server.com/ has a number of very interesting pieces on the Afghani Left and on the peace movement in Pakistan which the LPP has been at the forefront of organizing. They've opposed the military government from the start and were outspokenly anti-nuclear, not a popular position in either India or Pakistan. Liza, if you're looking for a reason to be cheerful, you've found one.

john mage