Is this real?

Reese reeza at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Nov 19 19:22:07 PST 2001

At 06:54 AM 11/19/01 -0800, Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
>I posted as "real" an alleged flyer from the Pheonix
>FBI which gives people a warning on who terrorists are
>and what suspicious activity to look for. Along with
>the usual right wing suspects, it also listed Marxist
>Leninists, anarchists, environmentalists and animal
>rights activists.
>
>I call the validity of this being an actual flyer from
>the FBI, because I later found out the source of this
>was from a gun rights lobby--searches for the flyer on
>the Pheonix FBI webside did not find anything.
>
>Anyway, here is the link:

This came across the Cypherpunks list last week:

<paste>

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:25:14 -0500 From: Declan McCullagh <declan at well.com> To: Aimee Farr <aimee.farr at pobox.com> Cc: cypherpunks at lne.com Subject: Re: Monkeywrenching Sender: owner-cypherpunks at minder.net Precedence: bulk Return-Path: owner-cypherpunks at minder.net

I called the FBI yesterday; this is a real flyer. I'll send something Politechwards later on today about it.

-Declan

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 12:00:50PM -0600, Aimee Farr wrote:
> > "A good example of monkeywrenching can be found at the article posted
> > earlier, http://www.keepandbeararms.com/angel/articles/consterrorist.htm.
> > This shows an apparently legitimate flyer from the "Phoenix FBI Joint
> > Terrorism Task Force" telling people whom they should watch out for. It
> > includes people who "make numerous references to the US constitution",
> > people who are "'defenders' of the US constitution against federal
> > government and the UN", people who attempt to "police the police" and so
> on."
>
> Think the criminal defense bar is concerned?
>
> ~Aimee

</paste>

So far, he hasn't sent anything to Politech, he may have simply forgot (I've queried him about it).

See the above post at http://www.inet-one.com/cypherpunks/dir.2001.11.12-2001.11.18/msg00325.html

Reese