Arguments for ground war - forget it

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Nov 21 05:06:42 PST 2001

Gordon Fitch wrote:
> >So what?

Kelley:
> so what that they feel a moral obligation to protest. you think that people
> who support the war don't also feel a moral obligation to do so? that's
> what i'm driving at. maintaining that their's is a moral act does nothing
> for me. perhaps you could elaborate as to why it should.

Brad portrayed the anti-war protesters, no matter how orderly or polite, as personally afflicting the bereaved, but since it's a little play or parable its dishonesty can't be exposed: we already know it's fiction. So, cutting to the chase, I wanted to know what those who opposed the war were _supposed_ to do, other than shut up or die. I was inviting some exercise of the Categorical Imperative, perhaps. In any case, no result.

As my complaints have been answered, basically, "I know you are, but what am I" in best grade-school fashion, I won't pursue the issue.

-- Gordon