Arguments for ground war - forget it

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Nov 21 15:16:09 PST 2001

-----Original Message----- From: owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com [mailto:owner-lbo-talk at lists.panix.com]On Behalf Of brettk at unicacorp.com Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:51 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: RE: Arguments for ground war - forget it

>Without benefit of a formal, legal declaration, the Admin clearly
>waged war against the Taliban regime, not just al-qaida. But
>suppose there was no regime, analogous to Somalia. For all
>practical purposes war could still be waged against al-qaida.
>War is something more specific than 'the war on drugs' or 'the
>war on terrorism,' but not so narrow that it couldn't be applied
>to OBL's network.
We owe the entire country aid on the scale of a Marshall Plan for complete reconstruction and development.

mbs

Max, I'm curious. Do you think the Afghan civilians who died because of our bombardment deservere any sort of consideration? Should the US compensate their relatives? Do we owe them anything?

Brett