The Bombs Of August - Howard Zinn

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 21 17:03:46 PST 2001

Paul:

I know this is difficult for any humane person to even contemplate, but my point is that "conventional" war (e.g. fire bombing, famine, epidemic etc) can be far more horrible than any nuclear attack. Do I need to illustrate this further?

Grant.

Paul said: If the point of departure is that weapons of mass destruction targeted at civilians (or at least with willful ignorance of their presence) are immoral, then the calculation of death differentials in different models is dancing on the graves of the victims.