Nicknames for Right-Wing Media (was: Re: Pre-historic human societies)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 22 05:31:34 PST 2001

Max Sawicky wrote:

>They would tell you they have nothing to do with and
>never have reason to talk to the edit page loonies.
>
>mbs
>

>I really have a problem with them - I'd love to talk with
>a real reporter from that paper, and ask them what it's like
>to work there.
>

>Barry

A WSJ reporter told me once that she used the edit page connection to her advantage - with sources who liked it, she played on that, and with sources who didn't, she made fun of it with them.

The editpage loonies have their own corner of the office and pretty much keep to themselves, I hear. The life of the star reporters is pretty good; one bigfoot told me she had to produce just three stories a year. That's not the way it is for the folks who write up quarterly earnings reports, of course.

Doug