Arguments for ground war - forget it

JoeG JoeG at ieee.org
Thu Nov 22 14:26:49 PST 2001

Those who argue that Sept. 11th was immoral but that the US gov't is justified in attacking Afghanistan are either hypocrites or racists who value Americans over other people. If a country deserves to be bombed for harboring or sponsoring terrorism then Sept. 11th is justified because the United States sponsors huge numbers of terrorists. Examples are numerous: the SOA, Contras, etc. If America didn't want to be attacked then they should have thought about that before they trained Osama & co. I disagree with this logic because I don't think killing innocent people is an acceptable response to the misdeeds of thier government. I also oppose the war in Afghanistan for this same reason. I don't care what Osama & the Taliban have done, killing innocent Afghans (which this war is doing) is wrong. If one thinks this "collateral damage" is acceptable, then the same can be said of the innocents killed in the Sept. 11th attacks. To claim that it is acceptable to kill innocent Afghans as retaliation for Afghan-sponsored terrorism yet not acceptable to kill innocent Americans as retaliation for American-sponsored terrorism is sheer hypocrisy - unless one thinks the lives of Americans are more valuable then the lives of Afghans.

The 9-11 attacks were not a first strike. They were a retaliation. -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20011122/8ec89519/attachment.htm>