legal angle

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 22 19:11:55 PST 2001

>>Of course there is a hypocrisy factor. As Francis
>>Boyle himself would point out, all of the countries concerned let Bosnia
>>stew in its blood for years despite UN resolutions that called upon them to
>>act. In an area swarming with NATO troops, Mladic and Karadjic are free
>>despite Srebrenica, which killed twice as many people as at the WTC.

I've never understood what the bite of arguments like this is supposed to be. People *seem* to take statements like this as arguments that the U.S. shouldn't be dropping bombs on the Taliban. But the only conclusion I can draw from it is that NATO should have arrested (or killed) Mladic long ago...

Brad DeLong