Crime not War (Re: Arguments for ground war - forget it)

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Sun Nov 25 18:28:45 PST 2001

> >...terrorist, a crude conceptual and
> >terminological reduction that is rooted in a police
> >mentality...

> What should we call September 11 instead of "terrorist"? It seems to
> me to be a fine description, not "crude" or "reductive" at all...

> Brad DeLong

Or put it this way: far right evangelicals who oppose the Empire (which many do) have, on occasion, used violence against noncombatants, primarily over abortion and birth control. Since these folks are foreswear against the ruling consensus and place themselves in extreme opposition, would you call them "terrorist" or "resistance"? If the former, would that be crude and reductive, and if so, how? If the latter . . . well, would you call the Army of God the "resistance" to Empire?

DP