Holy Shit! Civil War in Nepal

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Mon Nov 26 13:46:33 PST 2001

> >The U.S. has gone to great lengths to confine its air strikes to
> >military targets of Afghanistan's Taliban rulers and Osama bin
> >Laden's al Qaeda terrorist network. Some officers involved in the
> >campaign have claimed that the current strategy, which requires most
> >targets be approved by U.S. officials at command headquarters in
> >Tampa, Fla., has been too restrictive. Though with the Taliban in
> >retreat, one Air Force officer who has played a role in the campaign
> >and has been a critic, admitted that it was "working despite all the
> >restrictions."
>
> Anyone have info to the contrary?

About a week ago I was listening to the BBC's world service on the radio. They interviewed a refugee there who said that US/UK forces were attacking his village even though the Taliban had left. He basically said that they were going after civilians. The reporter said he encountered many other similar claims among other refugees.