Welcome to the holiday season!

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 23:05:21 PST 2001

Holiday Shoppers Trample Woman Woman Gets Caught In Shopping Rush

<http://www.mycfnow.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-109038920011124-091127.html>

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- It's the busiest shopping day of the year, but one Louisville woman learned Friday that trying to grab those early bargains can be a ruthless process.

Affiliate Louisville television station WLKY-TV reported that Rose Wright was left bruised and battered after she tried to get some early-bird bargains at a Wal-Mart store.

Wright's daughter, Rose Satterly, said that she dropped her mother and daughter off at the front door shortly before 6 a.m. to wait along with hundreds of other shoppers.

Satterly said that when the doors opened, the crowd rushed into the store, knocking Rose on her face.

"I am in disbelief people could want something that badly that they would resort to pushing people out of the way to get it," Satterly said.

Wright (pictured, right) said that not only did she get knocked over, but none of the other shoppers stopped to help her. She said that store employees eventually came to her aid.

An ambulance rushed Wright to the hospital where X-rays for broken ribs turned out negative. She was treated and released with a black eye to show for her ordeal.

"Children don't get to just run rampantly through public places and adults certainly shouldn't be running," Satterly said. "If we're going to do this massive amount of sale merchandising in this country -- and we know we are -- there should be a little more organization about it."

Other shoppers, expressed disgust that such an incident could happen.

"If you can't come out on day like today being in a good mood, be ready to have a good time, you should pretty much just stay home," shopper Dawn Hendren said. "It's not the day for it if you don't have a lot of patience."

Wal-Mart spokesman, Tom Williams, told WLKY-TV that the situation was handled correctly.

"It's unfortunate that this happened, but our associates were very responsive to quickly surround her, making sure she was OK," Williams said.

The family would not comment on whether they plan to file a lawsuit.

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com