correction

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Nov 27 07:22:11 PST 2001

No, it's in the print edition. It's their joking comment on the release of the new studies on the election.

Just the usual bizarro Economist humor.

-- Nathan

When I first saw this on nettime, I thought it was a hoax. It isn't, unless someone's cracked the Economist's website. - Doug

<http://economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=865704>

An election correction Nov 15th 2001

From The Economist print edition

In the issues of December 16th 2000 to November 10th 2001, we may have given the impression that George Bush had been legally and duly elected president of the United States. We now understand that this may have been incorrect, and that the election result is still too close to call. The Economist apologises for any inconvenience.