MJ Aagerstoun Requests B&W Photos of Women in Black Vigils

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Nov 29 01:07:36 PST 2001

A group of US feminists (artists, photographers and dancers) is collaborating on a project to honor Women in Black, Afghan women's struggle to overcome repression under fundamentalism and to ensure their rights in a government that may emerge from the current violence, and the world wide history of women in activism for peace and human and women's rights.

For the homage to Women in Black aspect, we need black and white photographs, very clear, or photocopies of photographs, of WIB vigils as far back as 1988.

The photos will be collaged on a wedding dress, painted black. We hope the three dresses, which will be mobilized in vigils before major Washington, DC monuments and buildings, and photographed in these vigils, will be included in an internationally circulating exhibition sponsored by Meridian International.

We need the images of WIB vigils BEFORE DECEMBER 30 to be in time to include on the WIB homage dress.

Please send images to:

1749 P Street, NW Washington, DC 20036

and include a self addressed padded envelope if you wish your materials to be returned.

Thank you in advance for helping!

MJ Aagerstoun *****

Mary Jo Aagerstoun's bio: <http://www.artwomen.org/aboutmja.htm>. For more info, contact MJ Aagerstoun at <mjaag at wam.umd.edu>.