On Selective Pacifism & other Oddities

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:35:51 PST 2001

>Not much new in yesterday's installment - haven't gotten to today's
>yet - but it repeats the claim that 70,000 alums of al Q training
>camps are scattered across 50 countries. Maybe this is a complete
>crock, though the FT isn't exactly USA Today, and it doesn't make
>much sense for the newspaper of the international bourgeoisie to lie
>to its readers. But if anything like this is true, ObL & the Taliban
>certainly bear responsibility for their trainees, no? And insofar as
>they need coordination and finance for their bigger operations,
>someone other than the direct perps has to know, right?
>
>And if anything like the 70,000 number is true - divide it by 5 if
>you want, and it's still a big number of people hellbent on
>destruction - what do you pacifists and fatalists and revolutionary
>defeatists suggest be done? Just let them be? Act nice? Invite them
>over for coffee?
>
>Doug

I can't speak for all pacifists, fatalists and revolutionary defeatists, but I would recommend simply investigating this global network to get better evidence on who's responsible for what, then taking appropriate police, not military, action. I would not recommend carpet bombing 50 nations to root out these people, however many there are and however hellbent on our destruction they may be.

Carl