The U.S. started it

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Nov 29 13:01:56 PST 2001

>Not much new in yesterday's installment - haven't gotten to today's
>yet - but it repeats the claim that 70,000 alums of al Q training
>camps are scattered across 50 countries. Maybe this is a complete
>crock, though the FT isn't exactly USA Today, and it doesn't make
>much sense for the newspaper of the international bourgeoisie to lie
>to its readers. But if anything like this is true, ObL & the Taliban
>certainly bear responsibility for their trainees, no? And insofar as
>they need coordination and finance for their bigger operations,
>someone other than the direct perps has to know, right?

>And if anything like the 70,000 number is true - divide it by 5 if
>you want, and it's still a big number of people hellbent on
>destruction - what do you pacifists and fatalists and revolutionary
>defeatists suggest be done? Just let them be? Act nice? Invite them
>over for coffee?
>
>Doug

%%%%%%%%

CB: I suggest we stop the U. S. bombing of Iraq and get a Palestinian state, for starters.

The U.S. pretty much started it didn't it ? There were no attacks on the U.S. until it started attacking "overthere". Sept. 11 was a retaliation for U.S. attacks starting in 1991. By the U.S. attacking again, another retaliation against the U.S. is being set up.

Also, if there are 14-70,000, it would probably be difficult to get all 14 - 70,000 of them by attacking 50 countries, and those who survive will be more hellbent than ever on retaliating. Also, by attacking 50 countries, the U.S. will probably augment the 14-70,000 several fold.

So, attacking wholesale will probably increase the danger to you , me and every other American. How much has the danger of kidnapping /hijacking Americans all around the world gone up already by the U.S. attack on Afghanistan ? The U.S.'s not attacking will decrease the danger to us.

The basic thing is to get the larger historical picture, and acknowledge that the aggressor in general has been the U.S. , drop your denial that the U.S. is the imperialist aggressor in the world for the last 50 years. I don't mean this morally at this point, but just to be truthful about the cause and effect sequence. Amnesia about U.S. military imperialism causes avoidance or reversal of the true cause-effect sequence here; and then people get confused in thinking the Sept. 11 attacks just fell out of the sky , so to speak, on an "innocent" America nation that had never done anything to anybody. This born yesterday coverup mentality prevents acknowledgement that the U.S. started it. The more recent attacks by the U.S. are not JUSTIFIED, anymore than any bully is justified in responding to a retaliation to its bullying.