Terrorism and Globalization

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Thu Nov 29 20:01:57 PST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Charles Brown wrote:

> something old in this situation. The old is that the U.S. is
> continuously attacking people around the world ( list examples from
> the last 20 years). The new is that SOMEBODY HIT BACK HARD IN THE US
> HOMELAND, a qualitatively new response to U.S. aggression. In other

If this keeps up, I'm going to become the world's first Marxist-Adornist-Buddhist.

Let's get one thing straight: no act of violence justifies another act of violence. S11 was a ghastly slaughter of innocents by a bunch of Far Right thugs. This was no retribution, this was the replication of the carnage committed by US neoliberalism, only one subcontracted out to a multinational workforce. The final hammer-blow against the US Empire is landing in precisely thirty two days, when the euro arrives, and the world's financial architecture gets a makeover.

Thanks to the EU, the UN is now organizing a massive reconstruction effort, the best news Central Asia has heard in decades, and a powerful precedent for what will have to be a planetary movement to heal the Earth from the ravages of neoliberalism:

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=2291&Cr=afghan&Cr1=reconstruct

-- Dennis