return to normalcy

Dennis Breslin dbreslin at ctol.net
Thu Nov 29 20:30:22 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 9:43 PM Subject: Re: return to normalcy

> >Here's a question. What if there are no more terrorist attacks? Will the
> >public's memory of Sept. 11 start to fade?
> >
> >Seth
>
> Here's another question, do you remember the USS Maine?
>
> Carl

Now that you mention it, I'll bet there's a website still stoking that grievance. Oh, I think the public's mood is such that it'll take a long time for Sept. 11 to fade. There's a lot of people out there who've long to put some flesh on their simmering feelings of being aggrieved. Sept. 11 provided the flesh. CNN will supply the footage. We'll supply the icons.

Dennis Breslin