Again, Hitch

Kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Nov 30 13:35:11 PST 2001

At 02:27 PM 11/30/01 -0500, Seth Ackerman wrote:

>It's probably apocryphal, but probably with a large grain of truth. Under
>the Taliban, you could beaten for stepping out of line. But under the
>warlords, you could get beaten for no apparent reason at all. Humans like a
>certain degree of predictability in their affairs.....
>
>Seth

but, hey, as charlesj says, "As dangerous as the world may seem at times, anti-social pathology is not a viable equilibrium state for most societies or individuals." if charlesj is right, then we can count on the USG to back down AND for the NA to change their ways. afterall, it's a natural human tendency to engage only in episodic periods of anti-social pathology.

such profound thinking coming out of the left these days.

we should all just sit back, smoke a doobie, pack a pipe, and chill, dude, equilibrium will be achieved soon enough.

now, tell me, Seth, where can i read the dish on the NA that leads you to conclude all these things about an alleged tribal barbarity of the NA--you know, empirical evidence that would suggest to me that it's intrinsic to their characters or ethnicity or family background or genetics....

or something.

kelley

From the YeahSureRightFW Dept: "If young women go for older men and vice-versa, who cares? The problem is the asymmetries in wealth and power between individuals which make one person more dependent on/vulnerable to the other, usually the woman. If we could eliminate class, innumerable social problems would be solved virtually overnight."

--Brett Knowlton