Bash the Arabs and Clobber the Left. by Ben Fritz and Brendan N

David Hearne ottercrk at sover.net
Mon Oct 1 10:14:58 PDT 2001

>Many media pundits are simply sluts - will do any trick with their
mouths
>for a paying client. But why on earth should anyone pay any
attention to
>them, let alone treat them seriously. That gives them even more
publicity.

That's the main question, isn't it? Who does pay them attention? On this list, there is a lot of talk over what Andrew Sullivan said, or what Christopher Hitchens said. However, if I conducted a quick poll in the street, would I encounter many people who even knew the identity of those two men? I would wager that they are best known within a small circle.

However, where does that circle exist? How many offices in DC have copies of "New Republic" or "Commentary" on the desk? Isn't it a question of who media pundits influence, rather than how many? And if they do have the ear of important people, don't we have an obligation to speak against their weak logic and bad morals?

-- David