Brad De Long doesn't belong on a left discussion list

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:02:07 PDT 2001

>From: Todd Archer <arch0005 at algonquincollege.com>
>
>Mr. De Long promptly removed himself of his own volition, Sonny, after
>someone pushed him a little too hard for his taste at a bit of a tense
>time (surely you remember the World Trade Center, don't you boy?).

It was a remark of mine that sent B DeL pirouetting out the door after categorizing me an "ignorant fool." I was surprised he took such umbrage since I didn't think my remark was that provocative, and Brad usually finesses criticism with a faux-jovial "touché." I was also surprised by his parting comment; while I admit to being a fool, I strive to be an informed one.

Carl