Brad De Long doesn't belong on a left discussion list

Todd Archer arch0005 at algonquincollege.com
Tue Oct 2 07:54:53 PDT 2001

Carl said:

>It was a remark of mine that sent B DeL pirouetting out the door after
>categorizing me an "ignorant fool." I was surprised he took such umbrage
>since I didn't think my remark was that provocative, and Brad usually
>finesses criticism with a faux-jovial "touché." I was also surprised by his
>parting comment; while I admit to being a fool, I strive to be an informed
>one.

Yes, I agree; his reaction was surprising. I didn't much like your "right-wing" remark, but I figured, "What the Hell? Brad's a big boy, and on this list, relative to just about everyone else, he IS a "right-winger"." Didn't expect that would upset him enough to unsub; must have been stress from the circumstances, I figure.

Todd