WWP

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Tue Oct 2 10:06:39 PDT 2001

> What *is* the ideology of Workers World, anyway?
>
> Doug

For what it's worth:

http://www.workers.org/wwp.php

They're pro-Chinese state, though I don't think they say anything of the kind here. They were the only sectarian group to back the slaughter in Tienanmen (the students were "CIA backed" or something along these lines). They are nasty in person, grim and authoritarian, and have been known to physically attack their sectarian opponents. The only bright spot I can think of came during the '96 campaign, when prez candidate Monice Moorehead disrupted a C-SPAN Third Party debate on live TV. I remember Howard Phillips and Harry Browne looking ashen, no doubt wondering that this crazy black woman was gonna do. The funniest part of the event, save for John Hagelin's mutterings.

DP