Cruella the candidate

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 19:15:54 PDT 2001

October 2, 2001

Katherine Harris to Run for Congress

Filed at 2:45 p.m. ET

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, who hit the national spotlight during last fall's presidential election recount, announced Tuesday she is running for Congress.

"In light of the recent tragedy, I am more committed than ever to serving the president and our nation," the Republican said in a statement. "As a nation we have united to overcome this challenge, and the bonds of our courage and strength to do what is right inspires us to succeed."

[Full text: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Harris-Congress.html]

Carl