Patriotism and History

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Oct 2 15:39:42 PDT 2001

Max Sawicky wrote:

> Even the WRL couldn't juke the number up past $600 or so.
> Five trillion basically says 'you may stop reading here.'

He said "national security state" didn't he? That would include all police agencies, prisons, courts, State Department, Justice Dept., various other sectors of national, state, & local government. I don't know how it would add up, but it would be fairly large. Also some university departments (e.g., criminal justice departments).

He may have included all government employees, which would be quit wrong.

In any case, the figure by itself is pretty meaningless.

Carrol