Patriotism and History

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 19:02:23 PDT 2001

I suppose if you count the entire sales of every company that does defense work, or supplies companies that do defense work, you could get some pretty ludicrious numbers. Wouldn't mean a thing, but would look pretty impressive...

This is like that posting earlier today (I forget by who) that said the military uses 1/3 of the oil. I mean, come on: anyone with an ounce of common sense is gonna see through it right away, and stop listening. The military in this country, large as it is in absolute terms, pretty much gets lost in the noise of a $10 trillion economy...

Jim Baird