WWP and working with them.

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Oct 3 05:56:19 PDT 2001

> Well, buddy: We certainly disagree. You are ranting the most sectarian crap at a
> time when it needs to go so, oh, so far away. WWP organised the first big
demo
> in America; wish we had such a beast here. It is the USA that is currently
being
> turned into an armed camp, with all the essential features of fascism and
you
> bang on about your anti-communist fairy tales. I'm as democratic a person
as you
> will find, and at the same time I would very proudly march under this
banner.

> But now is not the time for that, the banner is about to be banned
altogether.
> The WW folk are on the terrorist list and are the ones from AG Clark often
works
> with. Sounds like if someone actually could see what was going on all
around
> them, they might want to focus their fire somewhere else.
>
> Yoshie: I'm proud to have you as a co-moderator on L-I. The work you are
> obviously doing so well is going to reap dividends, both online and in
Ohio. Now
> is the first time in my life where Leninism seems fairly appropriate,
wouldn't
> you say?
>
> Macdonald

A Leninist -- what a fucking surprise.

Listen, pal, you and Yoshie can march all day long with whoever you like, but at the end of the day you'll have to come to terms with your decision. In this case you wish to hold hands with those who openly back Stalinist terror, labor camps, and the mass murder of unarmed dissidents. Brav-o. Try taking your friends around the average US neighborhood and have them go on about these and other delights and see how far that gets you.

I recently came in touch with a woman who works with Arab Americans in the Ann Arbor/Dearborn, Michigan area (home to one of the largest Arab American populations in the US), and she told me of a local meeting that was hijacked by a group called By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), a sectarian gang out of Berkeley. They demanded all sorts of ridiculous things (like marching in neighborhoods and banging on people's doors, telling them to get in the streets) and shouted down those who opposed them. It got so bad that the people they were supposedly helping to empower and protect, local Arab Americans, walked out angrily, while the BAMNers droned on in the grand style you evidently find uplifting. Meeting broken up. Possible action halted. I'm sure you'd be proud to march under their banner too, right?

WWP are scum. You cannot apologize for state terror on the one hand, then convincingly oppose it on the other. It's a sad day when people like you can overlook these contradictions for the sake of ideological purity (masked as "concern for The People"). The upside, I suppose, is that we who actually deal with the real world can see you for the assholes you are.

DP