Text of Anti Terrorism Bill

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Wed Oct 3 11:06:58 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "kelley" <kwalker2 at gte.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>; <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 10:36 AM Subject: Re: Text of Anti Terrorism Bill

> At 09:52 AM 10/3/01 -0700, Ian Murray wrote:
>

> >None of these claims are substantiated when you peruse the bill
that
> >was posted yesterday. Either it's in prep for another bill or just
> >paranoia [which is not to say that ain't justified sometimes]
>
> that would be because the previous bill proposal was
different --what
> Poulsen was looking at: > By Kevin Poulsen
> > Sep 24 2001 1:06PM PT
> > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/257

I did a search for that bill at Thomas a few days ago and could not find anything proposed since 9-11 that substantiates those claims. I take it the Justice Dept paper is a wish list that is currently being vetted by Congressional staff. So now is the time for US citizens to really light up the phones in Congress [and no that's not wankerism]

Ian