Robert Fisk

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:12:07 PDT 2001

On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Carrol Cox wrote:

> It takes something far more than killing a few thousand people to
> constitute a crime against humanity. Let's maintain some chastity of
> language.
>
> Carrol

Why set the bar so high? Can we really provide a quantitative, operational definition of crimes against humanity? Should we?

I consider the murder of the Sikh fellow in Arizona to be a crime against humanity. Morally, I just don't see the distinction between the loss of one innocent life and thousands. If the loss of life is a human tragedy, we don't need to whip out our metaphorical dicks and see who has the longest body count.

Miles