Complexity or hypocrisy...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Oct 4 11:36:44 PDT 2001

Carl Remick wrote:

>Among the most lazy-minded, too.

C'mon, not all of us. I run into people all the time who are going to school, working, in a band, publishing a zine, doing all kinds of things. Not everyone here is the passive lump of bourgeois myth. Sure, there's plenty of vulgarity, brutality, and greed, but there's a lot more than that too. My immediate neighbors in my apt bldg include a pianist, several singers, several dancers, some academics, a jewelry maker, several shrinks - and, most recently, George Stephanopolous. It's an incredibly varied mix. Maybe you've lived too long in the wasteland of Long Island.

Doug