Fw: [ASDnet] On Casey v. Chomsky & Malaria in Sudan

James Baird jlbaird3 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 14:36:15 PDT 2001

--- Luke Weiger <lweiger at umich.edu> wrote:
> > "perseveration"? Is that a word? I think we need
> > ruling from Safire on that one...
> >
> > Jim Baird
>
> It is indeed a word.
>
> -- Luke

Hey, what do you know:

per·sev·er·a·tion (pr-sv-rshn) n. Psychology. Uncontrollable repetition of a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder. The tendency to continue or repeat an act or activity after the cessation of the original stimulus. The act or an instance of persevering; perseverance.

(I guess that's what I get for attending a state school and not one them hifalootin' Ivy Leagues... )

Jim Baird