Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Fri Oct 5 08:58:21 PDT 2001

From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>

> At 08:06 AM 10/5/01 -0700, Ian wrote:
> >Heaven forbid we should disagree and attempt to use collective
action
> >to thwart the will of Congress.
> >

> Ian, you can do what you want. But it would be only fair if you &
Co. offer
> *your own* cheek to Mr. Bin Laden and his supporters. I'd rather be
safe
> than sorry - hence I support killing these folks by any means
necessary,
> even if evidence against them falls somewhat short of high legals
standards
> set by judicial purists. Better red than dead - remember that old
saying?

> wojtek

============== No one is for offering their cheek to OBL and his supporters. The notion that by killing off one network we're going to rid the US of the biggest foreign policy crisis of the 21st century is a joke and if we don't attempt to use, as we struggle to evolve, international legal standards of due process etc. will simply repeat all the horrors of the last century. Should the British Army simply go out and kill the IRA, should Israel just continue to kill Palestinians, yaddah yaddah, should "we" be Hobbesian cynics forever blissful in "our" cynicism? Do we really want this century to produce as many weapons and weapons lovers as last century?

You're never safe.

Ian

"Your tyranny I was part of is now cracking on every side and your whole life is in danger your empire is on fire." [Front 242]