Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 5 10:11:31 PDT 2001

Actually I agree that the evidence is sufficient to justify some type of limited commando action, freezing assets, etc. to destroy bin Laden and his associated terrorist networks in spite of the risk bin Laden and Quaida are clearly out to kill Americans and consider themselves at war with American and its allies, and that is surely sufficient for counter-measures. I am not certain that even this limited action will be possible without provoking more terrorist attacks and disruption in some countries but any wider aim such as trying to overthrow the Taliban is even more likely to plunge countries such as Pakistan into civil war and destabilise other regimes.

This does not invalidate Justin's point. If bin Laden is "brought to justice" he will no doubt be found guilty but whatever court tries him may also be guilty of giving in to strong political pressures. Am I wrong in thinking that even in the Lockerbie trial many lawyers were not at all impressed by the evidence? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:41 AM Subject: Re: Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

> At 04:41 AM 10/5/01 +0000, justin wrote:
> >
> >No honest magistrate would issue a warrant on Blair's publically
presented
> >evidence. I don't say OBL didn't plan the attacks of 9/11, but on what
Blair