Blair's evidence against Bin Laden

brettk at unicacorp.com brettk at unicacorp.com
Fri Oct 5 11:53:35 PDT 2001

Luke,

>Although Israeli assassinations may not completely thwart terrorism, it's
>plausible to assume that they might well limit it.

Why is that? I'd say it is plausible to assume the opposite - that these assassinations merely encourage future attacks. Israel certainly hasn't been spared from terrorist attacks becuase of these assassinations. Right off the cuff, the only bit of evidence I remember directly contradicts your thesis. After one of the assassinations, the members of the Palestinian group who had their leader killed vowed revenge. I believe they said something to the effect that the Isrealis would "pay for this with their blood."

Brett