Chomsky takes down Hitchens

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:36:44 PDT 2001

Now you are being obtuse. Sure, the law is supposed to deter bad acts. It takes intentions into account insofar as it assumes that people would rayer not get caught, be punished, pay money, go to jail, or otherwise have bad things happen to them. It is not supposed to wash your soul in the Blood of the Lamb. You can commit adultery in your wicked heart to your heart's wicket content. The law only cares if your behavior violates its rules. I forgetw hy we got onto this. --jks