"a US citizens movement" Re: WWP and working with them.

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Oct 5 15:35:57 PDT 2001

On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> The
> anti-war movement organizers, as well as all other social movement
> organizers, need to take into account the fact that organizers as
> well as constituencies of movements on the Left in the States include
> non-US citizens of various legal standings.

My feeling is that the Left ought to stress that S11 was a global crime against citizens from literally hundreds of countries, requiring long-term, global solutions, i.e. police action and arrests of the perpetrators, rather than retaliatory strikes which will spark a decade of chaos in Central Asia. The local Peace & Justice folks here in Eugene distributed an excellent poster, a satellite image of planet Earth with the words "One Planet / Indivisible" beneath it, a subtle counterpoint to the ubiquitous "One Nation / Indivisible" posters showing a US flag. Our small, fragile, achingly beautiful planet never looked better.

-- Dennis