China & the WWP Re: Ideological Purity

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Oct 6 07:18:16 PDT 2001

Dennis wrote:

> > Actually, I don't
>> think that you disagree with me on my analysis here, though you may
>> very well disagree with me on my position of no imperial intervention
>> in China.
>>
>> Yoshie
>
>Are you suggesting that I favor "imperial intervention in China"? Why,
>because I oppose the slaughter of unarmed dissidents by a fascist state?

So your opposition is just a matter of your private belief, not expressing itself in political actions? It seems to me that calling a state "fascist" should commit one to a course of action against the said state akin to what Nathan often advocates. If a state is indeed fascist, it makes sense for liberals and leftists -- indeed, all anti-fascists -- of all nations to unite and fight against it, no?

Yoshie