Chomsky's 2nd reply to Hitchens

Mark Pavlick markvince at igc.org
Mon Oct 8 21:04:12 PDT 2001

Uday,

The Nation, to its credit, put this on its web page. It also linked to an interview with Chomsky on the Z web page!

More importantly, about three-quarters of the people the Nation has writing about the crisis are taking positions Hitchens would call "rationalization" - trying to understand why Bin Laden had any base to begin with, looking at US Middle East policy as a whole, etc.

I wonder how happy Hitchens is about this "humanitarian" bombing.

Mark